Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies


In addition to s'mores cookies, I also made Chloe Coscarelli's Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies this weekend. I was totally pulled in by a picture of them I saw, along with the description- chewy and sweet. I love a good chewy cookie. Plus, I've had some molasses in my cabinet for a while that just needed to get used.



These cookies were amazing.  They are sweet, sprinkled in sugar, have that ginger-molasses bite, and are oh so perfectly chewy. Make them.


For the recipe: Chloe's Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies


These spread more than I thought they would while baking, and for some of them that came out a little too flat and didn't look just right, I think I didn't mix the batter as well and they maybe had a little too much molasses. I had made the dough the day before and stored it in the fridge overnight, so just a reminder to re-mix well if you made your dough in advance! But actually, even though they weren't as pretty, these "flatter" cookies were really delicious:

"Flat" ginger molasses cookies: fail in looks but winner in taste

Of course, the "pretty ones" were delicious as well!


Definitely a new favorite cookie.

Other Chloe Coscarelli favorites- all amazingly good:
Cinnamon Espresso Cookies
Mocha Almond Fudge Cake, recipe in Chloe's Kitchen
Tiramisu Cupcakes
Tropical Black Bean Sliders

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments-drop me a line if you're stopping by!